Building CDAT on Mac
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Updated instructions: These instructions were tested on mac intel and PPC, both running Leopard, with macPython version 2.5.1
- You will need X11 to run CDAT. If you don't have it, install it from your Mac OS X Install Disc
- Follow these instructions to install vistrails development environment
- Download modified cdat from here. This is a modified version based on the cdat devel revision 6662.
- Uncompress the file
$ tar -xzvf modified-cdat-devel-mac.tar.gz
- Supposing you have Python 2.5 installed, perform the following commands:
$ unset PYTHONPATH $ cd cdat-devel/exsrc $ sudo ./install_script /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5 $ cd build $ sudo cp -r Pmw /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ $ sudo ln -s /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy-1.1.0.dev5196-py2.5-macosx-10.3-i386.egg/numpy/core/include/numpy /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5/ $ cd ../.. $ sudo python install.py --force --disable-contrib /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5
- Before running vistrails, reset PYTHONPATH variable:
$ export PYTHONPATH=<path/to/vtk_build>/Wrapping/Python:<path/to/vtk_build>/bin:.
Test your cdat installation:
$ python Python 2.5.1 (r251:54869, Apr 18 2007, 22:08:04) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)] on darwin Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> import vcs >>> import cdms2 >>>
The cdat-vistrails package will be added soon.